so i was tending to my garden and watering everything and making sure everything was ok when i suddenly spotted ONE OF MY LILIES HAD BEEN NIBBLED
but after some thorough investigation i have found…….. THE TEENY TINY CULPRIT
i’m letting this youngster off with a warning because it’s too cute to be mad at, learn from this you teeny tiny plant nibbler
Sport Science S02E11: World’s Toughest Woman (June/21/2009)
"Gina can land all 8 blows in a blistering 3 seconds. And how much does this maelstrom combine to generate? An amazing 4,800 pounds of force. That’s like a North Pacific giant octopus pounding you with all 8 of it’s arms. Translation: In 3 seconds, Gina could break your ribs, give you a concussion, shatter your nose, rupture your spleen, cause internal bleeding, and put you down for the count."
good lord. she’s amazing. I want to be this strong.
I have made this tumblr blog in hopes that people will see their story and help put some money towards their recovery. All donations will go towards paying medical bills and helping their 5 year old daughter Brianna recover from her coma.
This is absolutely heartbreaking, I hope the family gets the care they need because of generous donations from the tumblr community!
If you see this but can’t donate to the cause, please just reblog this post to get the word out to others that can
LET THAT SINK IN
imagine if we allocated just one year of our military budget to
improving our nations infrastructure
our education system
We’d have Starfleet soon if it went to NASA
Cats Don’t Dance (1997)
An allegory for racial discrimination and lack of representation in media, Cats Don’t Dance is an underrated cartoon musical made by Warner Brothers. The story is about a young, poor, naive cat named Danny who moves to Hollywood to fulfill his dream of becoming a star, only to realize that animals aren’t given the same treatment as humans are, and his idol Darla Dimple isn’t what she seems. Filled with innocent humour, supreme colouring, and stunning musical numbers, Cats Don’t Dance unfortunately premiered at the same time as Hercules, forever making it an underappreciated movie.
Unfortunately, this is the fullscreen version. The widescreen version is out of print and hard to find.
My dad got half his jokes and witty lines from this movie
oh hot dog it’s actually the whole movie as well HEY GUYS IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THIS YOU SHOULD DO THAT or save it until later but I’m guessing it’ll be taken down at some point so yeah step on it
If you ever see a bad picture of yourself just think about sunsets
Have you ever tried to take a picture of a sunset with a crappy camera? It turns out like shit. I mean that could be the most beautiful sunset you’ve ever seen in your life and the photo looks gross.
That doesn’t mean the sunset isn’t breathtaking, it just means the camera can’t contain it’s beauty.
You are a gorgeous motherfucking sunset never forget that
222 Golden Retrievers Gather in Scotland
their purpose is unknown and likely sinister
Can we just talk about how this kid puts every pro choice argument I’ve ever heard to shame?
LMAO NO SHE REALLY DOESN’T
1. A fetus is not sentient or aware and doesn’t care about whether it gets aborted
2. a fetus ISN’T a child
3. The latin root doesn’t actually matter
4. Abortions aren’t performed on 5 month fetuses ‘all the time’ because the only time they’re done after 20 weeks (4.5 months) is when the fetus is dead, actively dying, suffers severe abnormalities or will kill the pregnant person.
5.THE FETUSES RIGHTS DO NOTOVERRIGHT THE PREGNANT PERSONS RIGHTS. ANy right to life the fetus has DOES NOT override the pregnant persons right to bodily autonomy. Not now, not ever. So saying ‘is the mothers right to choose really more important than the rights the fetus was never given?’??? YES. THE PREGNANT PERSONS RIGHT TO DECIDE WHO MAY OR MAY NOT USE THEIR BODY IS ALWAYS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYONE ELSES RIGHTS, WANTS OR DESIRES.
6. Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy, so a person consenting to the act of having sex does not mean they should be denied abortions.
7. 54% of the people getting abortions DID use contraception and did NOT have unprotected sex
8. Abortion IS a form or responsibility (Woops, another thing she’s conveniently glossed over)
9. Actually ‘hard case’ is more common. 1.75% areto IMMEDIATELY save the pregnant persons life, 3-5% are rape and incest, and 12% are for mental or physical health reasons BEFORE they become immediately life threatening. That’s a LOT more than what she claims and I have sources to back it up, she doesn’t.
10. Those health problems are actually myths and have been debunked NUMEROUS times by non-biased sources. There is a WHOLE POST I did debunking a lot more than what she claims and what she claims! (And the number is way, WAY lower than ‘17% of abortion recipients.)The Cancer institute says she’s wrong about the breast cancer thing.
12. Alcohol and drug abuse more common? Interesting how I can ONLY find this on pro life sites and very interesting how I see 2x more likely, 5x more likely, 4x more likely… the inconsistancy reeks of bullshit.
13. God is not something you should be bringing into the discussion as belief is varied and *gasp* many religious beliefs actually teach a pro choice stand point.
14. Dr. Suess was pro choice, Hortan Hears A Who was about the internment camps of the japanese and the vietnam war and his widow not only donates to planned parenthood but regularily SUE’S people who use the quote she did for pro life rallies.
So no. She hasn’t ‘put every pro choice argument to shame’. She’s proven she’s a child with NO concept of what abortion is or why people get them. She’s committed a copyright infringement, she’s regurgitated all the pro life rhetoric every pro choicer has heard a hundred times and she’s proven she can’t be bothered to actually research her topic correctly (Did she use lifenews or something? Because she failed to mention any sources for information and got an enormous number of things very, very wrong).
Sorry but this kid hasn’t got a fucking clue what they’re talking about.
This little scene broke my heart. The girl who believed in nargles, in wrackspurts and blibbering humdingers, has become the girl who believed no more.
i tHINK IM GOING TO START CRYING NW
See, the thing that nobody understands, is that Luna believed in things that had proof. She’s a Ravenclaw, a genius, an expert in the unseen but proven. I mean, if she’d started talking about Thestrals before Harry had been able to see them, saying that there was an invisible winged horse pulling the carriages that only people that had witnessed death could see? You’d have thought THAT was crazy, too.
Luna knows Nargles and Wrackspurts are out there. As far as she knows, there’s proof of it.
But seashells hanging in a door? Those don’t do anything, nothing but give you a false sense of security.
It’s not that Luna doesn’t believe. It’s that now, as always, she’s frank and straightforward. Seashells can’t keep the evil at bay. Nothing can.
Thank you. She is not a naive little kid who believes everything you tell her. She just knows some things we don’t. Because she looks harder.
Sometimes I find forgotten gems when cleaning out my folders.